The Church belongs to each of us. It is our second home. It is a place to come together to learn the teachings of Jesus Christ and enjoy Orthodox Christian fellowship. It is a place where we meet others of the same faith and value system. In order to sustain a place of worship, we are obligated to fulfill certain needs, both functional and financial. As our Church community grows, our needs increase. The Church requires the time, talents, and treasures of all of our members to function successfully.
Our Stewardship Goal for 2023
To fund Parish Ministries 100% through stewardship contributions.
This will eliminate dependence on Panegyri revenue and other major fundraisers to meet operating needs. Other funds raised may then be used for philanthropic efforts and the expansion of our Parish facility.
With your faith and support, we will endeavor to become a true stewardship Parish in 2023, which includes ...
- All financial and outreach needs are met through stewardship
- Money raised by festivals and other major fund raising events is used for expanded philanthropic efforts and to support community expansion ... and is not relied upon to support ongoing daily operations
- Participation encompasses 100% of all age appropriate members of the Parish
What it Takes to Run the Church
In order to carry out the various ministries that are integral to our Parish mission, certain costs must be incurred. These 2023 budgeted amounts reflect actual operating costs only without any costs associated with fundraising:
|Church Ministries & Other Expenses||$124,000|
|Salaries & Benefits||$567,000|
Spread over each of our 840 families in our Parish, we can 100% financially support our Parish and its ministries with:
$4 per day - The cost of breakfast sandwich or cup of coffee
$22 per week - The cost of a bottle of organic extra virgin olive oil
$99 per month - The cost of a gym/fitness-club membership
Donate today and make a difference in the life of our Church and Her Ministries!
What Does Your Stewardship Commitment Fund?
- Liturgical Services & Sacraments
- Music Ministry: choir, chanters, atc.
- Hospital & Shut-in Ministry
- Sunday Church School
- Catechetical Programs: Bible Study, Orthodoxy 101, Reading Group, etc.
- Parish Book Store
- Youth Ministry: GOYA, JOY/HOPE, Athletic Programs, etc.
- Scholarships for Parish Youth
- Cultural & Social Programs
- Church Communications: website, publications & mailings, live broadcast of services
- Outreach Ministry: Good Shepherd Food Pantry, Holy Transfiguration Community Garden Ministry, New Members, OCF, etc.
- Archdiocesan & Metropolis Ministries
- Hellenic College - Holy Cross Seminary
- St. Nicholas National Shrine
- Utilities, grounds & maintenance
- Facility repairs